The air conditioning system keeps your home cool and comfortable in the summer heat. At Wortham Air Conditioning, we provide AC repair in Freestone County and Limestone County for all major equipment brands and models. Our certified technicians are experienced at troubleshooting air conditioning problems and work hard to restore your indoor comfort.
If you need help with an air conditioning problem, call (254) 271-0549 to schedule your AC repair.
AC Repair for All Makes & Models
Air conditioning malfunction in the Texas heat can make life miserable. In extreme heat, a lack of air conditioning can be dangerous. Air conditioning systems experience wear and tear over the years, and periodic malfunctions are inevitable. Fortunately, air conditioners often show signs of poor performance before completely failing. Watch for these signs and call a professional for AC repair when you notice even minor problems.
Call for AC repair when your system:
- Short cycles frequently
- Struggles to reach the temperature set on the thermostat
- Never gets cool enough
- Has weak airflow
- Blows warm air
- Makes strange noises
- Creates excessive dust
- Doesn’t control the humidity level
Air conditioning problems can range from simple issues, such as clogged filters, to larger and more complex repairs. Accurately pinpointing the specific problem with an air conditioning system is difficult without the right training and expertise. Let a professional HVAC contractor perform an assessment to locate the problem with your system.
Air conditioning malfunctions may include:
- Frozen coils: The evaporator and condenser coils on an air conditioning system can become frozen if they are dirty or if there is low airflow, often due to clogged filters. These problems can sometimes be avoided with regular filter changes and preventative maintenance.
- Refrigerant leaks: Refrigerant leaks can be caused by small holes in the coil, corrosion, and wear and tear over time. A refrigerant leak can cause serious problems with system performance, and inhaling refrigerant can be hazardous to health.
- Compressor failure: A failed compressor can prevent the air conditioner from removing heat and humidity from the house.
- Clogged drain lines: The drain lines can become clogged by algae and other debris. When the drain line becomes clogged, the pan will overflow, causing a leak.
- Electrical issues: Faulty electrical connections or wiring can cause the air conditioner to fail to turn on. Some wiring problems can result in electrical shocks or fire.
- Thermostat malfunctions: In some cases, the problem with the air conditioner may not be an issue with the system. If the thermostat isn’t working, the house may not get cool enough.
If you have noticed that your house is less comfortable than normal, the temperature isn’t reaching what it set on the thermostat, or the house is humid, call for AC repair as soon as possible. Waiting to have the unit repaired can result in a bigger and more expensive issue.
Years of ExperienceWe’ve been in the business for over 67 years and hire only the most qualified, professional HVAC service specialists. Offering air conditioning and heating repairs, installation, and sales alongside other important services, we’re the complete package for all of your needs.
Family and Locally OwnedFor over 67 years, Wortham Air Conditioning has been proudly family owned and operated. This allows us to have a close and accurate vision of the direction of our business while also keeping us closely connected to our community. We’re dedicated to providing family-driven service every day!
You Name It, We Service It!While we’re proud dealers of the prestigious and reliable Carrier® brand, we service all brands and types of air conditioning and heating units. No matter what brand you have, we’ll be able to fix it quickly and easily. Our technicians are equipped to repair, service, and install it all!
We understand the importance of air conditioning for controlling heat and humidity inside the house. When your air conditioner isn’t working at all or your house just isn’t getting cool enough, get in touch with us for precise AC repair in Freestone County. We even have weekend technicians available to answer your call.
Give us a call at (254) 271-0549 to request AC repair services.
They do a good job!
"What stands out the most is that they are very professional. They do a good job."- Sue M.
Wortham air is still my company of choice!
"Air conditioner checked and serviced! Wortham air is still my company of choice! Very professional, thorough, and friendly company to do business with."- Pam D.
Top notch technician.
"Jonathan replaced a defective evaporator and did a first class job. Unit is cooling very well."- Bobby H.
I wouldn't use anyone else.
"I have used Mike with Wortham A/C for over 20 years. He's a good, honest man and always fair with his customers."- Cathey W.
I have used Wortham Air for the past several years.
"I have used Wortham Air for the past several years. I have two rental cabins on Lake Richland Chambersa and whenever there is any type of A/C or Heating problem they are there very promptly."- Patrick B.